Troubleshoot dies to analyze failures. Produce parts meeting customer specs. Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specification.
Tool & Die Manager
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify dies, jigs, gauges and tools.
- Trouble shoot dies on the production line to meet the quality requirements.
- Familiar with all types of stamping presses and feed lines to control the finished product from the tool.
- Incorporate sensors on the dies to protect our customers investment.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models and specifications to make a plan to improve the tool.
- Make details from CAD drawings or reverse engineer die sections when CAD is not available.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes and tolerance of assemblies.
- General machining skills needed.
- Determine the kinds of tools and equipment needed.
- Conduct tests and inspections of products and services.
- Find ways to improve tool life and productivity.
- Tryout new tooling for runoff and PPAP approval.
- Work well with others to train tooling experience throughout the tool shop.
- Experience with progressive, forming, compound dies, deep draw and transfer tooling.
- Knowledge of all tool room machinery.
- High school diploma with tool & die apprenticeship.
- 8-10 years experience.
- Both tool & die and stamping manufacturing background.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and costs.
- Ability to read CAD drawings.
- 50% bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Current and valid US passport is required.
October 16, 2018 Categories:
Leave a Reply